Saturday, January 7, 2012

The gays' war against Catholic adoption

I could not help but be excited this evening when I heard Newt state that the gays were part and partial to a bigotry against religion. Newt whom of course is always factual (stop laughing and pay attention here) sited a situation where Catholic churches were forced to shut down adoptions agencies because the state was forcing them to adopt to the LGBT community.

Now I know that we all assume these candidates speak nothing but truths. However ironically enough after some intense research I found some error in Newts proclamation. To clarify, by intense research I mean I googled "catholic church adoption lgbt" and hit enter, Newt is a busy man after all he can't be bothered with fact checking.

It turns out the Catholic church adoption agencies were not forced to shut down by the state because they denied LGBT couple adoptions. They were however denied public funding for their adoption program since they would not adopt to the LGBT community.

Now the argument here would be that this is a war on religion but the church was not being told they had to adopt to LGBT parents. The church was told that if they were going to take tax payers money, money that was from all walks of life, all beliefs, all religions that they would have to follow the states law. The church was free to deny LGBT parents from adopting, just not with public funds.

So I apologize if my blog title has misled you. There is no war on adoption at least not against the Catholics. I mean sure they are willing to shut down an entire program that would provide homes to children in need. All because of the nasty gays. They can build amazing cathedrals tax free with their own money but can't use their own money to find children homes (they need government money to do that). Steve made a great point "Christians are allowed to marry, adopt children, and serve openly in the military. Those three things are currently a threat for gay people." So who is really being denied?

I will continue to search for signs of this gay agenda that I am apparently part of. All I can report to date is that the only movement seems to be against the LGBT. I am a second class citizen, I am not an equal and I am denied rights. If my agenda is to take care of the one I love, to raise a child in a happy, healthy and financially sound life then I guess I am guilty. This agenda seems more like a to-do list in my eyes since it really only pertains to me.

No comments: